About Me

I am A Chartered Certified Accountant who does a bit of gardening.
The Pictures of the flowering and non-flowering plants, fruits, vegetables, culinary & aromatic herbs
in this blog are of my garden.
Most of my garden collections are driven by the Fs: They either Flower, have a Fragrance, provide Flavor, bring Fruit, Food or are air Freshening.

Monday 29 January 2018

PRO BONOs DO PAY


A friend called me to speak to a group on a topic ‘Successful Financial Management Practices for SME's’. She made it clear that it was going to be pro bono and I willfully accepted because it’s a topic I am passionate about. After my presentation, one of the group members who had come in towards the end of my presentation requested if I could go and speak to their senior management team. She asked me how much I would charge for an hour but for some reason I felt hesitant to quote a fee and left it to their discretion. I was therefore very pleased to receive an honorarium from this organization after making the presentation.
A couple of weeks later, I received an email from the same organization requesting for my profile for possible future areas of engagement. This was followed by ‘interviews’ for potential consultancy work. We ended up signing a contract for 15 days of consultancy work and eventually other support services.
The point is, there are somethings that one can do for free, expecting no payment or reward, but in the right time, the reward duly comes. The reward may not be monetary; it may be new friendships, networks even new knowledge. Money is good! However, it should not be the only motivation to offer a service.
As the good book states, cast your bread on the waters: for you shall find it after many days. May 2018 be a year filled with many of those days, may it be a year of a bountiful harvest!

3 comments:

  1. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment. peer to peer business loans

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great deal of compelling information imparted by you, I really appreciate your work. The way you post such considerable blog is worth reading. Thank you for the share. Keep writing.
    Accountants in Romford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing one of the wonderful posts. The information is really useful for me. Keep it up to do great work.
    Accounting services in barking

    ReplyDelete